Sweet Potato Chili
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalepeno peppers, charred, skin removed, and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, charred, skin removed, and diced
- 1 habanero pepper, charred, skin removed, and diced
- 2 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 lb ground italian sausage
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 28 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Heat the avocado oil in a pan oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and saute until softened; about 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and cook until browned; about 5 minutes.
- Add to an instantpot
- Add the oregano, cumin, chili powder, paprika, sea salt, garlic; stir well.
- Add the chicken broth; stir to remove the fond off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the tomato paste; stir well.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, sweet potatoes; stir well.
- Set to manual pressure cook high for 15 minutes, release seal when time has expired.
- Add salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
1 - can substitute instant pot with a dutch oven or slow cooker, but timing will vary